Well hello ladies! It’s time for first review of one of the products from the gift bag I received at the Face Flawless Skin Clinic earlier this month. Before I begin, can we just take a moment to talk about how quickly the temperature changed in NYC over the past two weeks. It was like 50 degrees two weeks ago and now we’re approaching the 90 degree mark. Now, if that does not scream that it’s time to really protect your skin from sun damage (although you should be doing that all year long regardless of the temperature) I don’t know what it would take for you to realize that you have to protect the skin you’re in. Today I’ll be reviewing Olay® Regenerist® Micro-Sculpting Cream with Sunscreen.
When I attended the Face Flawless Skin Clinic earlier this month, we discussed the importance of sun protection in depth. To be perfectly honest, I do not use a moisturizer or sun protection cream that with a SPF concentration that is lower than SPF 30. As a woman of color and who skews more to the deeper tones, there was always the fear that a higher concentration of SPF can leave that gray overcast which can sometimes affect how my foundation will look. Well ladies, as I mentioned in my previous post there has been some technological advancement with the formulation of SPF when it comes to face products so that concern is now behind us. Let me first begin by saying that the Olay® brand has been making some really big waves in the skincare area of beauty. No longer is this your mother’s favorite drugstore brand, this is a brand that is at the forefront of anti-aging at a masstige price point. Lets discuss what makes this particular product unique and a must-have as part of your daily skincare regimen. Here is what the product claims to do and next to that you will see how I feel about it.
- Anti-aging moisturizer hydrates to regenerate volume and shape across skin’s surface (this is true, the formula is very hydrating and leaves the skin quite supple, I also think that there might be a firming ingredient which does aid with a voluminous face shape)
- Improves skin’s texture in 4 weeks (I have only used the product for two weeks so I will let you know if this is in fact true in a couple of weeks, look out for my tweets)
- Formula with Amino-Peptide Complex, visibly reduces the appearance of wrinkles fast (I did notice that the fine lines around my mouth were softened)
- Visible wrinkle results start day 1 (the jury is still out on that, personally I did not notice that on the first day and I think it’s a pretty tall order to fill for even the best products, but if you purchase this product and see visible results on the first day please share pictures)
Of all the products that Olay® has to offer, my favorite is the Regenerist® line. The reason for this is because it addresses the skin concerns of most, if not all woman with the following ingredients:
- Amino Peptides
- Olive Oil Extracts
Combined these three ingredients aid to:
- Accelerate surface skin turnover (oh how we love that)
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized
- Help retain the skins youthful surface and natural contours while reducing the look of wrinkles.
So, like what are you waiting for? I will be updating you all along the way as I continue to use this product, most likely on Twitter or Instagram so make sure to follow me on social media @seetouchtaste
Have you used any Olay® products? Do you want to learn more about the Olay® Regenerist® brand? Click here. Let me know in the comment section below or contact me on my about page for any additional suggestions. Until next time, always remember to SEE. TOUCH. TASTE.
One response to “Olay! Olay! Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream with Sunscreen Review”
Can’t wait to hear your final thoughts 🙂